Monthly Archives: October 2011

Movie Picker Project Analysis, Part I

The Movie Picker project was originally done for a course I took. We had to create a dynamic JavaScript menu system that presents the user with a series of questions that change depending on the answers given. Once enough information is gathered, the result is displayed. I chose movies as the subject for my menu system. Given the specific requirements of the project, it's more of a demonstration rather than something that most people would find useful.

Nevertheless, I decided to revisit this project several years later with my more advanced JavaScript skills. It was completely rewritten and made more flexible / reusable. I decided to release this version under the MIT license in case anyone finds something useful. The following is an overview of how the code works.

Continue reading